The 2015/16 season has been celebrated in style at the Thirroul SLSC Annual Presentation Dinner held in the John Kosten Function Room. Spectacularly organised by Events at The Esplanade Thirroul Beach and catered by M2 kitchen it was an opportunity for all to let their hair down and celebrate another season without loss of life on the beach.
"Our surf clubs future looks great!" commented club legend Ross Taylor as the Youth Water Safety Team were recognised as 'Team of the Year' and a number of junior members were awarded Bronze and above for their commitment to the Youth Excellence Program.
Two club members, Russell Gibson and Ken Café, were met with a standing ovation in a moment of special recognition for 50 years of service to the Surf Life Saving movement.
The pinnacle of the evening was the announcement of Patrol 5 as 'Patrol of the Year'. In Patrol Captain Alex Fitton's absence patrol member Craig Fairbrother was humbled by the award "I am genuinely shocked".
A full list of award winners is available below.
Thirroul SLSC Annual Presentation Night Award Recipients 2015/16
- ￼Barrie Stanford Award - Club Person of the Year
- Tor Westley-Wise
- Laurie Kelly Award - Most Outstanding Contribution to Surf Life Saving
- Troy Beaumont
- Gerard Magee Award - Patrol Person of the Year
- Paul Brett
- 75th Commemorative Award - Competitor of the Year
- Emma Lockhart
- Col Laughlin Award - Best IRB Person
- Emma Lockhart
- Dave Dryden Memorial Trophy - Most Outstanding Master
- Jeff Wall
- John Bruton Memorial Trophy - Young Athlete of the Year
- Sian Fennell
- John Kosten Trophy - Young Life Saver of the Year
- Jake Beaumont
- Team of the Year
- Youth Water Safety – Darci Air, Jake Beaumont, Erin Body, Zachary Brett, Meghan Fox, Jasmin Petty, Tyler Scott, Sienna Stuart
- Best Patrol
- Patrol 5 - Alex Fitton (Patrol Captain), Erin Body, Jeff Body, Lyndon Brown, James De Luca, Nadine Egan-Scott, Craig Fairbrother, Lauren Kemp, Kyle Mathiesen, Scott Russell, Tyler Scott, Kim Shipton, Jay Spencer, Nigel Rowe, Tim Wilson, Jazmine Yew
- 50 Year Long Service Award
- Russell Gibson
- Ken Café
- Boxing Day Recovery Race winner
- Ian Sakoff
- Youth Engagement Program (YEP)
- Bronze Award - Darci Air, Erin Body, Tyler Scott, Elise Beaumont, Jasmin Petty, Jett Jones, Zac Brett
- Silver Award - Kate Dryden, Jazmine Yew, Dylan Gillett